IT professional must know about IT Security. The team must
understand the tips and techniques to be safe when online.They must aware with Malware(virus, worm, Trojans) that are used
to be send by spam emails to the computers and can be used to shut down websites. This kind of information must be spread
to whoever using the computer including staff in organization or outsider.
Knowing the Categories of Online Harresment and
Cyberbullying- a child or teenager is treathened,harrased,
humiliated or embarrased by other child or teenager using internet.
Cyberstalking-its use on the internet means stalk someone.
Stalking refeered to as the coduct of harassing or threatening behavoiur repeatedly. Such action can be in a form of making
threatening commnets using chat rooms or mobile phones, following someone, damaging items or property that belong to you.
Tips and Techniques to be safe online:
The IT professional must educate the staff in thier organization
and outsiders about internet safety.
- Keep your computer in a safe place.
- The organization must set reasonable rules and guidelines
(policy) on computer and internet usage. e.g:time to spent, allowable website
- Try to have a discussion with the staff for telling the
- Protect and prevent the staff from internet threats.
- Regularly change the password.
- Never open email attachment from people whim they do not
- Seek for help when thye are unsure over certain stuff in
Other than that,parents also plays an important roles to
educate thier children about internet safety:
- Educate them on what information can and cannot be shared
online with anyone.
- Ask them to never respond to online friend's request to
meet them without the parents consent.
- Educate them about danger of virus spread through email
attachments and how it can harm computer.
- Remind them that friends they emt online may not be who
they seem,and things they were told or what they read online may not be true.
- Ask them to do not share thier password to other people,
even thier best friends.
Contents of this website contributed by local and international
organizations and security experts. The website covers tips ranging from creating strong paswords, safe chatitng, handling
spam emails, safe online banking and more. The website is populated with awareness materials and informaiton such as video,
posters newsletters and more.So,try have a look at it now!